Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Best Way to Heal is to Help


When I first set out to write this blog it started because of a wound that was very deep, but very few people could see it. No matter how hard I tried to cover it up, the temporary bandages didn’t seem to be working.
There are bruises we can see, and there are bruises we can’t. It’s the latter that are the most common and the least talked about. 
When I set out to get the frump out of my rump, I didn’t realize that it came with the shedding of the source of my “frumpage.” 

The truth of the matter is that I didn’t realize I was being hurt until I wasn’t being hurt anymore.
It’s been a struggle, almost daily, these past several months trying to figure out if there’s a story to tell. If I was alone, and if I wasn’t, could others need to be helped. If they needed to be helped, how can I do that? 
It’s clear, as I write this, that the pain still exists. Some of the wounds have healed, but it’s an ongoing process. 
I heal when I can fit into that little black dress and am confident to wear it.
I heal when I am not afraid, or bothered by the possibility of enjoying tea alone.
There are other moments I heal. 
But, the biggest is finding ways to help. Would you be willing to help me help others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think...

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.