Wednesday, November 9, 2011

If I Die Young... (Part 1)


Kimberly Perry is somewhat in a state of contentment. The song she wrote, that her band (The Band Perry) sings and has won awards for is all about knowing all is well.
con·tent·ment/kənˈtentmənt/
Noun:
A state of happiness and satisfaction.
Synonyms:
satisfaction - gratification - complacency - complacence
Just in case you were wondering.
In my last post I wrote about writing something down, making it happen, writing it into life. Writing, for me, is a way of putting something out into the world. Then, let whatever the world wants to do with it - have at it. Right?
“If I die young...” It’s a contemplative phrase. 




Life is short, so my question is what can each one of us do to ensure that however short, or long, our lives are that we can say the following:
“I’ve had just enough time.”
This isn’t a message about giving up. This is a message about living on without any hurried pursuit of anything. Just be you, the great you that you were meant to be. 
If you’re thinking about suicide, there is help:
In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think...

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.